Portion Control Diet in Greeley, CO
What is a portion control diet?
Most patients do not keep track of the amount of calories they consume daily, or the physical activity necessary to work those calories off. For example, did you know that in order to burn the calories from one slice of pepperoni pizza, you would need to jog for about 30 minutes? Portion control meal plans are designed to help you meet your nutrition and weight loss goals. This approach, in conjunction with regular physical activity, can optimize your weight loss results.
Why is a portion control diet used?
A portion control diet may be considered if you have experienced:
- Difficulty losing weight with other diets
- Overeating / binge eating and purging
- Extreme weight gain
- Inability to stop eating, even when full
- Trouble with knowing how much to eat
What does portion control dieting involve?
Prior to beginning any new diet program, an experienced weight loss specialist should analyze your specific body type, weight goals, exercise habits, and other health factors. If you are a good candidate for the portion control diet, Dr. Chima Nwizu will provide specific instructions for how to begin this program, personalized to meet your weight loss goals.
After beginning a portion control meal plan, patients often begin to see weight loss results within the first week. As you continue to use the portion control diet, it is important to continue to follow-up with Dr. Nwizu so your progress can be tracked and adjustments can be made, as needed.
What are the advantages of using a portion control meal plan?
A portion control meal plan can help patients to:
- Effectively lose unwanted weight
- Develop long-lasting food portioning habits
- Increase knowledge of portion control and nutrition
- Decrease the chances of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and other serious health problems
- Maintain long-term weight loss
- Supplement other weight loss plans, including weight loss medications and exercise
If you are suffering from weight problems and are not meeting weight loss goals on your own, the first step is scheduling an evaluation with Dr. Nwizu. Dr. Nwizu has more than 20 years of experience in his field, and is a trusted healthcare provider. Call 970.378.8000 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment now.